The New Zealand Government launched the new online engagement guidance yesterday at an event at the National Library in Wellington. The guidance is there to be used by those working in Government to help them work through the process when considering to engage with the public online.
The guidance is positioned as a work in progress which is sensible as it means the guidance will evolve and adapt to changes and developments in the industry.
As of today the guidance currently includes the following.
- Is your organisation ready for online engagement?
- A structure for planning your online engagement
- A checklist for online engagement
- Engagement strategy template
- Selecting the right tools for online engagement
- Online engagement case studies
The guidance document can be found on the New Zealand Government Web Toolkit at https://webtoolkit.govt.nz/guidance/online-engagement/