We’ve developed a free online course to help eliminate the hassle associated with collating and analysing qualitative feedback to public consultation and engagement activities.
The free course includes videos, cheat sheets and all the software you need.
The objective of this free mini-course is to help eliminate the hassle associated with collating and analysing data connected to public consultation and engagement activities.
In this course we will cover off the following:
- Methods for the analysis of qualitative consultation/engagement data
- Working with different types of consultation/engagement data
- How to work with the common types of data you will most often work with. They include:
- Open ended questions from online surveys/forms (this can be from any survey or online engagement tool)
- Written submissions – (including electronic and hard copy)
- Public meeting/focus group/interview data
- Social media e.g. Twitter, Facebook and YouTube comments
During the course we will be using qualitative data analysis (QDA) software. MAXQDA is the QDA software we will be using. Don’t worry if you haven’t used MAXQDA before. You will find the principles we use are applicable to most QDA software applications.
If you don’t currently own or use QDA software you can download a free 14 day trial of MAXQDA as part of the course.